Monday, January 11, 2016

"Man in the Wood" part 5

The stranger whom I knew took a seat beside me on the cliff rock, He seemed shaken.  It was an emotion I could sense from him as though I were feeling it myself.  There was a sense of confusion and fear emanating from him I could easily pick up on in this place.  He sat in silence for a few minutes before he spoke only four words repeating what I had said. "Man in the Wood" He then stood and beckoned me to follow.

We descended the stairs toward the city, the wood was elegantly carved with innumerable depictions of scenery from the city, I was sure if I had the time to examine these carvings they would reveal a great story.  The wood was a deep hue oak almost burgundy in color.  I held the rail as I descended, the wood was as smooth as glass yet soft.  This who new world was a contradiction in logic.  I could not fathom the laws of physics that ruled this place.  I followed the man I knew down the stairs I could still feel the worry that had become evident now in his movements, he looked weak and tired as if the mere mention on the man in the wood evoked a kind of fatigue that drove to the very core of his being.

We reached the landing and proceeded across a stone bridge that was equally covered in depictions of city life.  Every stone that made up the structure was covered in chiseled out depictions of stories and sayings and artwork,  I had never witnessed such a thing.  There were not words to describe the intricacy and detail I was seeing. I was a man out of time and space seeing the true world for the first time, I felt as though my mind could barely handle what I was witnessing, the complete melt down in common logic was enough to drive the average human to insanity.  I found myself having to constantly imagine I was in a dream just to be able to stay focused enough to continue following the stranger I knew.

After passing over the stone bridge we passed through the gates beyond the city wall entering a town square centered by a opulent fountain that seemed to shimmer gold in the dying light.  Marble statues inset with clothing of silver gold and jewels held jars in their hands where the water flowed from them sliding into the pool below with barely a sound to be heard.  As we passed the fountain making our way across the square I peered in.  There was layer of gold and silver shimmering coins sitting just below the water.  There was a sense of beauty and wealth about this place.  I looked about me to see the villagers stopping to look at me, the stranger who had come.  They were so familiar,  I felt as though I knew them all but when I tried to focus the memory they faded.  There was an immense sense of tranquility I felt coming from all direction as if silently welcomed by the inhabitants of the village.  They wore clothing of loose fitting silk.  Men and women dressed alike there seemed to be no distinction in the genders, men and women alike had long and short hair.  None wore makeup.  The beauty myth was non existent here.  There was a subtle beauty to the atmosphere.  I felt at peace.

We left the square and I followed my new companion down an alley soon arriving at a large house seemingly carved from a single chunk of marble, no seems were visible.  It was a work of art unparalleled in my world.  The heavy oak door was adorned with a polished copper handle and matching knocker.  There was no locking mechanism visible and I got the distinct feeling there were no locked doors in the entire village.  We entered into the foyer carved out and beautifully decorated with shelves of tomes and candelabras.  At the center was a reading desk with two chairs on either side.  My companion motioned me to take a seat opposite him.

"This is troubling."  He began.  "The man in the wood is a myth, I would love to believe you invented your memory of him or misunderstood what you were witnessing, but sadly this is not the case.  In our world there is no deception."  He sat back in his chair causing a slight creak of wood on marble.  Although I could not see his face I could tell he was in deep thought.  I could feel it.  Here there could be not deception.  Everyone seemed to be linked.  My emotions were his and his were mine.  What was done to me was done to everyone here and vice versa.  A collective consciousness.

"If the man in the wood has indeed returned I fear for the future of this place.  He was a myth, a story told by mothers to children.  An apocalypse of Bimini in which your world would invade ours shattering the collective and eventually imploding our universe."

"Imploding?" I questioned.

"Yes the prophecy states your world and ours exist in tandem, a dance of lovers across the multi-verse occasionally bleeding through the fabric of space time constantly influencing the course of one another's history.  In your world Bimini would be referred to as Heaven.  Many from your world cross over all the time almost all are sent back.  A few are invited to join our world, but.... your arrival was unknown to us.  When we heard of your arrival I was dispatched to meet you.  We have never had a person from our sister world appear without notice."  You were not an accident of a temporal bleed through.  You were sent her purposefully and I only know of one being capable of this level of power."

"The Man in the Wood." I stated

"On Earth he would be known as GOD, here he is known as Beyond, a literal term describing his ability to be outside of the gravitational pull of the time and space that controls our worlds.  You world has many stories of him written by men across the globe throughout the eons.  But here time is different, space is different and we can understand him in the literal sense as opposed to the mythical.  If he has returned then both worlds are in danger."

"In our world, God is good and wise." said I.

"Of course, there is a wisdom and intelligence about this being so great, that just his presence is enough to shape the very fabric of our worlds which can result in untold cataclysm.  If he has indeed returned and it seems as though he has then all both world know is about to change."



















No comments:

Post a Comment