Monday, July 6, 2015

Dream

I dream.

I dream of a life that is free from stress and dismay.  I have worked hard on many things and received little fanfare for my effort.  I would like to say this had dissuaded me from my pursuits, but to be honest it has only motivated me to work harder to attain my goals.  My life has not been easy but I thank god everyday for the numerous opportunities that have been afforded to me.  I grew up with good providers and I never knew a day of hunger or poverty in my youth.  I was arrogant and didn't understand the plight of the rest of the world.  I became lazy and gluttonous for the life i lived.  It wasn't until I was out on my own did the reality of the world invade the borders of my perceived existence.  I realized then what poverty and hunger meant.  To not know where the next meal would come from and the humiliation of asking for handouts.   A person should never get used to welfare,  although not shameful for those who truly need it, it is a genuine source of shame for those who are too slothful to provide for themselves.

In my maturity and manhood I now understand the importance of hard work and setting the goals to provide for your future.  For the longest time I meandered through my life having no idea what I wanted to do and hoping answers would just be given like the food and shelter I was given as a child.  But my answers didn't come and for the first time I realized I would have to give serious thought to what I wanted from life.  I wasted so much time wondering how to live my life and what to do I hadn't realized that my life was passing me by and leaving me in a trail of my own slothful dust.  Now I know what I want to do and have begun working very hard to achieve the dreams that I have.  I never imagined this would be the path my life took but I am thankful I finally have a direction to move toward and I meander no longer.

But I cannot take credit for my motivation alone,  I must acknowledge my parents and my wife for the belief they have in my and the confidence I have recieved from their support.  I tank them for their trust and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment