Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Daughter's.... A Father's Words

I was not able to say all I wanted to say in our brief time together and I do hope you forgive me for the haste of my words.  Now I can take the time to say the things a father would always want to say to their children.  Hearing the words, "I love you" come from the beautiful cherub faces I had known so well at one point, brought tears to my eyes, to know your love, to know your joy, to know I have brought a smile to the face of one I love so much is enough to let me leave this world in peace.  To know I am loved by my daughter's, to hear those words come from the lips of those I have given life to means more to me than all the riches in the world.

I love you, I always will, never forget that.  And although you may hate me one day for the sins of my past never forget to forgive, to hear the side of the story that has been left out.  I cannot bear to disappoint you but we all have demons that need to be slayed, you have slayed mine.  My regrets may be great but the memory of you, my daughter's has saved me.  The light of your faces gave me peace for the first time in my life and made me proud.  If there can only be one good thing to my name in this world, My daughters, you will be it.  I wish you all the happiness and joy the world can offer and although I pray you will never again know pain, I know this cannot be true.  

Be strong my daughter's.  Be strong and don't let the darkness of the world in.  Your hearts are good, I know because you came from the heart of a good woman and I know her goodness exists within you.  The world can be a scary and overwhelming place but don't allow it to change you.  Allow the goodness of your hearts to be an example to the rest of the world and show evil that the light of good cannot be extinguished.

You will be sad and sometimes life will seem to large a mountain to summit but stay strong, put one foot in front of the other day after day, little by little and you will reach it's peak and look out over the world and find peace.  There is so much sorrow and confusion in childhood but know it is fleeting and one day it will be over and you will look back on all the pain and turbulence of youth with fondness knowing it will be what made you the person you are today.

To let you go was the hardest decision we ever had to make and your welfare was all we could think of when the decision was made, we loved you and never wanted to let you go, but sometimes you have to let the people you love the most go and hope that God will one day bring them back to you.  I pray you return to us one day with a smile on your lips and love in your hearts.

I am sorry if we ever caused you any pain but know that your pain is our pain and we suffer with you. Our lives are not better without you, the silence of your loss breaks our hearts and we cannot walk down the street without seeing your faces.  Understand you are always in our hearts and one day the faces we see will be real, and we will encircle our arms around you and cry with you, a family reunited.  A new love found.

I can never be mad for the mistakes you make or the words you may say, the pain is temporary but the love is eternal.  Know that we see the best in you.  We see what you cannot.  We know what you will be, you are our progeny, you are the best parts of us, a soul divided to one day be reunited.

You may at times feel ugly or fat, but you are beautiful.  At times you may feel there is no hope, no release from the pain and sorrow that can plague a young mind, but know time will heal those wounds and you will be stronger for that pain.  I wish I could protect you from the bad times and celebrate the good times with you but God has seen that parting is his desire and we must try to understand this.

Do not hate, do not hurt others, do not hurt yourself.  The world can be cruel but I know you are strong.  You do not know how strong you really are.  Find that strength inside and let it motivate you.  Be head strong and stubborn to what will try to bring you down.  


Remember to Always Rise my Daughter's

You are loved.

2 comments:

  1. This would be much more moving if you edited out the major grammatical and spelling errors, and used apostrophes correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice, thank you for the feedback, This was written with a lot of emotion so I didn't do much proofreading.

    ReplyDelete