Friday, February 12, 2016

Feminisim and the Illusion of Empowerment

Feminism is an amazing premise that has been hijacked by regressive thinkers only interested in control and censorship to protect their own ego's and forcing their point of views on others.  This is no different than Nazism or Marxism.  When you begin to go down this path it is easy to lose control and travel down a road that will eventually lead to misery and suppression of altering points of view.  When you allow people who would willingly sensor free speech to attain any sort of power over others this can only result in tyranny.

Now were are being confronted with a form of censorship that laughingly calls itself feminism.  We have been inundated with troves of PC culture rules of conduct that has even the most notable comics and politicians running for cover afraid to express a joke or a view point that may trigger an avalanche of criticism and harassment from those that pride themselves on equality and free speech. I am all for honest critique. Argument of differing opinions and life styles is the cornerstone of a free society but when people start pushing for censorship because they have been quote “Triggered” then they are suppressing the freedom of others.  In a free society being offended is a positive thing because it opens up discussion and exposes us to new points of view, it is when we begin to censor ourselves and others that we begin to descend into tyranny. Ignoring trauma does not solve trauma.  A broken leg will always be a broken leg if it is not mended by the same example hiding from something disturbing doesn’t mend the problem.

I am a firm believer that all are equal but I do not fool myself into believing that a weak man is capable of defeating a strong man in a competition of strength.  Biology plays a big role in many aspects of life.  One thing that troubles me about Feminism is the absolute assertion that any woman should be able to do anything a man can do and while I do believe that if a woman is able to pass the same tests a man passes they should be absolutely able to get the same job opportunities as a man does.  I do not believe there is a mental difference when it come to the ability to perform a job but I do not feel the criteria to attain the job should change to make it more female friendly.  Case in point.  Pennsylvania State Police departments have been fighting pressure to ease their physical aptitude requirement so more women will be able to join the force.  My question on that would be.  What about all the women who have passed the tests and become state police officers?  Feminism shouldn’t be about making things easier on women when it comes to getting a job, they have the same right to apply for the job but special conditions should not be made for them just because they want it to be easier for them, that is not equality that is a form of tyranny that tries to force your beliefs on others.  Physical capability mandates have been set up in a whole range of jobs for specific reasons, they were set up because the job requires a certain amount of strength to accomplish and if you are not physically able to do the job whether you be a man or a woman then you should not be able to get the job, special conditions should not be made just for you and your ego.  It is a slap to the face of all the women who have passed these requirements.

I was using the previous example as a way to explain where we have gone in terms of the feminist and pc cultural movements.  It is no longer about equality it has now become about eroding away everything that makes us unique and different and trying to make us all the same.  It is about telling the weakest of us there is no need to better yourself, we will protect you with safe spaces, puppies and bubbles so you do not have to face the harsh reality of the world around you, there is no need to better yourself or work to overcome you deficiencies or understand your trauma, here you can hide.  This is not how the human mind works.  Hiding from reality and your problems will only exacerbate them.  It is a delusion.  A delusion that feminists and the PC culture are complicit in.

I say this in humor but also in fact. “If it does not offend my wife then it is not sexist.”  For this statement to be understood I will give a bit of background on my wife.  She was raised in a poor family in a redneck community where there was a great amount of sexism and racism but that never seemed to affect her outlook on life.  She found no difference in race other than appearance and no difference in the sexes other than biology and anatomy.  She is a firm believer that everyone should be treated equal and there is no excuse for anyone to be treated otherwise. No one is better than anyone else.  But she cannot understand the feminist movement.  She is a lover of what she calls true feminism, equal pay for equal work, the right to vote and the equal treatment of the sexes.  But she also feels that feminism has been high jacked.  A while back I showed her the whole Gamergate argument and her only response was laughter. When I asked her why she thought it was so funny she said.  “Of course the women in games are beautiful, in a game we always want to be the best aspect of ourselves.  I wouldn’t want to be a 300 lb. avatar (she only weighs 120 but I found this to be amusing) She has nothing against fat people in fact she married me and I am 300 lbs. and she has never even mentioned my weight and have always made me feel attractive.  And yes I did say “fat”, not weight challenged or plus size or curvy.  I will not live in a delusion or accept the delusions of others.  I am fat, obese and hefty.  It is my fault and mine alone.  It is not the society I live in but the choices I make and others should have no obligation to feed into a delusion that would falsely make me feel better about my condition and they have every right to say I am unhealthy.  I have already touched on obesity and fat shaming in a post on my blog called “Fat Shaming” fell free to read it.  My wife explained her view to me on gamergate like this.  “Everyone likes to look at beauty, When I play a game I like to look at the men same as the women, and there are many women out there that love it as well.  There is an equal amount of violence toward men and women in games and sometimes more violence against men than women.  But I have never been offended by the how women or men are dressed in a game because I understand that we are humans with natural attraction to beautiful things and I won’t apologize or demand an apology for the appreciation of beauty.  If this offends you then don’t play it.”

She is much more forgiving than myself on the issue because I do understand some of the complaints of the feminists but I do have to say that she is right, it should not be the domain of government or censors to make games friendlier toward a particular race or gender.  If it is offensive then that will be determined by those who do not buy it.  People tend to vote more with their wallets than words and when a developer makes a bad or offensive game they pay the price for it and their fans will let them know it.  But I hear no such complaints from avid female gamers (I do not accept Anita Sarkeesian as a gamer, she is not. She is using the gaming world as a means to push her own agenda and radical viewpoints)

There is an illusion going on here, it is an illusion brought on by radical ideologies.  Radicalism always leads to tyranny. It is a dangerous philosophy and when we begin to try and force our ideologies on others then we begin to slip down a slope we have little hope of crawling back up.  Feminism and PC culture alike have become a weapon against others in an attempt to force conformity.  Individualism is what makes us different and great as a species, it is a form of unofficial checks and balances by Mother Nature and when we allow radical ideologies to corrupt this then we regress rather than progress.  We need to have frank and real conversations about these real issues not shouting matches and hen pecking that remind us of our high school days.  There is no maturity or wisdom in finger pointing or labeling and creating a politically correct name for an illness or people is just dressing up the issue in nice packaging not addressing the issue itself.  Address the issues, be the change you want to see not the change others force you to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment