Sunday, February 21, 2016

Man in the Wood part 6

The concepts my friend was introducing me to were so foreign in understanding I had difficulty accepting the reality of our predicament.  I was a wayward traveler in an unknown land trying to grasp the meaning of my appearance.  The man in the wood had not struck me as an omnipotent being but in my limited understanding of existence would I really have known what he was?  His appearance was not that of a divine being but of a lost and angry gnome.  What was the point of his return and what could we expect?  And what does it all have to do with me?  At first I thought my being sent to Bimini was an act of punishment but upon experiencing this new world it was obvious it was a place of peace and knowledge.  If this had been a punishment it was a terrible example of one.  If the Man in the Wood was indeed the manifestation of the almighty then I truly believe there was a reason I was sent here.  One fact was obvious, the people of Bimini feared him.

In our world the days of the angry and jealous God were over, humanity revered God as a wise and all-knowing deity.  It was hard to understand the view the people of Bimini had of God.  Here God was angry and feared, I could feel the fear wash over the village as my friend and I spoke.  All feelings were one.  What we knew, all knew.  But there was something else I felt then, a feeling I had not felt since I awoke in this new world. Uncertainty.  It was a feeling I could tell was foreign to these people.  The fear of the unknown, the monster in the darkness.  I could feel it deep in my brain clawing at my heart.  In my world the fear of uncertainty was a common fear, something humanity has had to deal with since the dawn of time and we have created coping mechanisms to deal with these fears.  I had the distinct feeling that this emotion was unknown to them and I could feel the anxiety of the town rise as it took hold in their bodies.

If our worlds were indeed so intimately connected it would stand to reason there must be something more than science at work here.  Although it was difficult for me to understand the man in the wood, I could not shake that feeling there was indeed a reason for his madness, he words were that of punishment but his actions were that of compassion.  What did he want?  What was the purpose of all of this?

My thought were interrupted when a tremendous vibration overtook the rock building we were sitting in.  It increased to an almost intolerable level and we both dashed from our seats and from the building back to the center of the village just in time to see it.  The rest of the villagers had gathered as well.  We all looked to the sky, the fear, the utter terror I felt emanating from the villagers overwhelmed me. I looked to the sky to see an all too familiar sight.  A sight one should only see in a picture or in orbit.  There it was hanging in the sky for all to see.  My home.  My Earth. 

As I looked to the sky, it looked different.  There was now a familiarity to the constellations, things no longer felt as ethereal as they initially had.  I don’t know how I could understand it but somehow I knew I was back in my own universe.  I looked the other direction and could see the remnant of a vortex diminishing over the horizon.  We had been pulled through, from one plane to the next.  That was the vibration we felt.  The veil had been lifted.  Our two worlds now danced among the stars together locked in a dance of tidal forces and gravity.

The Earth looked so large in the sky.  A behemoth threatening to tear us apart.  But there was something odd about the familiar planet.  All over I could see abnormal streaks of electricity sparking from one side of the planet to the other.  I began to again become aware of what the villagers were thinking.  Their initial terror had subsided and now felt as a dull thud in my chest.  I could sense a rising curiosity, a desire to understand and to solve this dilemma.  They were intrigued by the streaks of lightning across the surface of the planet.  One word continued to echo in my head, the hive mind agreed in unison.
                                                                    
    “The Static has Arisen”


No comments:

Post a Comment