Sunday, November 29, 2015

I Never Knew Raine Fell: Part 10

The love of a mother can move the mountains and part the sea if her will commands it.  This is something I knew for sure.  Nothing would stop me from saving my daughter's soul, nothing would stand in my way.  I could not imagine the trauma she experienced that awoke the demon within.  I had to know what it was.  I looked down on my lap, the demon lay there asleep, my hand stroking her cheek.  Today was a new day, the rays of the sun were breaking through the barn walls.  We had both slept through the night, the visions of hell were thankfully absent from my slumber.  but with the rising sun glinting through the cracks in the wall I was reminded of the fires shown to me.  The images still burned into my mind.  So many tormented souls, so much suffering.

I felt deep inside if i did not find a way to save Raine that is where she would go, an eternal torment.  She may be a demon but shes my daughter and I would give anything to save her.  I slowly moved her from my lap and laid her head down on the wooden straw covered floor of the barn and walked to a window across the room.  I stood there looking out among the fields feeling the light breeze of the morning air caressing my skin.  Everything seemed so simple.  I pulled my coat around me.  I didn't know what the next move would be but I couldn't let my daughter go back to that place and just rot away.  I had to save her, I had to save this demon.  There had to be a way to return the demon to the cage so she could live again.

The trees we almost breathing in the morning sky, a wind blew them in a soft in and out motion and my chest rose and fell in unison with them.  "Father Grey" I said to myself, the priest who had visited me in the hospital.  He seemed to have so much insight on what was happening to Raine.  I still remembered hi number, I would try to reach out to him if I could find a phone.  Maybe he knew of a way to save Raine.

I heard movement across the floor slowly moving toward me, I just stood there looking out among the Fields, I trusted this creature now.  She meant me no ill will.  I never thought I could feel love for such an evil creature who had taken my family, but here it was.  She stood beside my looking out over the fields and I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her close.  "Why did you fall Raine?"  I said without thinking, my mind needed to know and I had no desire to try and speculate anymore.

Again she spoke, her voice raspy and labored.  "A man." She began.  "I... She.. was coming home from school when I, we were grabbed and taken off into the woods."  She put her hand on the arm I had encircled around her shoulder.  "He did horrible things to her... us."  "I awoke to the screams and the pain.  It was a deep pain crying out for understanding.  I awoke to the call and ended our torment.  I ended him." "He is still in those woods I think."  The was an evil satisfaction in the tone of her voice and I had no doubt the man who had hurt her had suffered terribly for what he did and was still suffering in Hell.

Raine's hand tightened on my arm, no quite to the point of pain but still enough to remind me who the boss was.  "I know what you want to do." She said. "I know you want to call the priest."

I turned to  her and looked her dead in the eyes.  "Yes, I do want to call him.  I want to help you.  I don't want this torment to continue for us."  She didn't bat an eye, she held my gaze defiantly.  "Once the box has been opened the beast cannot be returned to it. Mother."

"I understand, you are my daughter Raine no matter what form you take or the deeds you commit I will always love you and be there for you.  Let me save you as you have saved me.  I trusted you now I ask you to trust me."  She stood there searching my eyes for any sign of deception.  She seemed almost frustrated when she could find none.  "I don't like priests....but I will trust you."  Her superhuman grip loosened then and we stood there for the morning drinking in the beauty of the day.  Every so often I would sneak a glance at the demon's face.  She almost seemed to be enjoying the beauty of God's creation.  It was then I understood.  I was then I knew how to save her.  To save her I would have to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment