Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sometimes You Just Cant Make Them Happy

It is a fact of life my friends that no matter what you do you just cannot make some people happy no matter how accommodating you may attempt to be.  I have recently found my self in a no win situation where there seems to be no way out and It dawned on me that sometimes in order to win the game you must not play it.  If you really love someone then sometimes it is necessary to back away and let that person figure things out for themselves.

I see this situation constantly repeated again and again from culture to culture, time to time and it seems some people are just happy being unhappy.  I know that can sound ridiculous to the normal everyday person but I am sure we have all come into contact with a person in our lives, whether it be family or co-workers, at some point in our lives we will run into a person who is always looking for the next opportunity to be offended or angry.  The world just seems to have these people in it, and no matter what amount of logic we attempt to introduce into the conversation, logic just seems to disappear.

Not to play this game is the key my friends.  The more you read into the situation the more futile your attempt at a resolution will become.  I know.  There seems to be no intelligence or logic that can explain this sometimes, but life is not always logical just look at the platypus. 

So the burden must be shifted to the people who understand the situation.  The thinkers,  We have to recognize the situation and not feed into all the negativity these types of people can generate.  Many times in my life I have gotten caught up in the perpetual argument with no way out.  But I have come to the conclusion no matter what you do there is no way to introduce that person to logic, the longer the conversation persists the more illogical your conversational adversary will become, and in a fashion that would be reminiscent of Eric Cartman from South Park they will flip the metaphorical board and say "Screw You Guys, I'm Going Home."

Sometimes it is preferable to live a life of ignorance to protect a person from the reality of the world.  A reality where mistakes are made, violence is committed and people are hurt.  It is preferable to live in a fantasy world where you always have control, where everyone else is wrong and there is no need to reflect on the finer points of life.

I'm not sure what can be done about these people other than to be the better person and learn to walk away.  I appreciate you taking the time to read this and I hope this reflection may help, if you find yourself in a similar situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment