Monday, November 23, 2015

In my Arms, to my Daughter's

How I wish I could hold you in my arms as when you were young.  A barrier from the cruelty of the world.  That was my job as a father but now you are grown and I can no longer shield your from the sadness and hate, the rage of the world will present itself to you and I cannot shield you from it.  A father's fear deep inside that can never be shaken.  Soon you will go off on your own, your hand separating from my own leaving me in the darkness of self doubt.  You are my child, my progeny and the love you have given me  from the moment your eyes opened to the world has sustained and motivated me through the years and although I have not been able to be there for your lives know that you were always in my heart.

Every success I have had, Every thing I have accomplished is the memory of those eyes, so filled with hope and a love, a love that is too deep for this world. You have your mothers heart, a deep kindness that can only be described as angelic.

What have I done to deserve such grace in my life.  The mistakes of my past haunt me, yet the hope for the future sustains me through the dark times moving me ever forward through the tunnel of darkness to the illumination of your smile.  Can I be a good father?  Can I be the fountain of wisdom these girls need?  I ask myself these questions daily.  Can I prepare them for the ugliness of the world?

Can I show them the beauty in it?

My children, please listen.  Love of a family is eternal and cannot be separated by distance.  The beauty and majesty of the world is a joy that nourishes the soul.  But there is a darkness as well ever attempting to penetrate the purity of the soul. Do not let it.  Fight the darkness with light my children, let the love of god and family wash over you.  Never forget the goodness in the world, it Can be found everywhere for those who look.  You will be bombarded by the evil of the world through movie, TV and media, but fight.  Know there is love and kindness, generosity and truth.

Forgive those who have wronged you but always be wary of future transgressions.  Be a beacon of light on shores.  An island of peace in a sea of darkness.

I know I have not been there for you, but that will change.  One day you will be in my arms again and I will be complete.  My soul had been torn in half all these years but soon you will mend it.  The love of family the joy of the bonds that connect us.  No distance can separate us, no time can lessen the love I feel for my daughter's.

No comments:

Post a Comment