Sunday, December 7, 2014

Responsibility



What is this world I have found myself in?  Every day I foolishly read the news knowing I will lose faith by what I read, yet I read anyway. Why?  I have to ask myself why I allow this into my life, but then I wonder.  To ignore the problems of the world, would I just be burying my head in the sand?  Would I be hiding from a world in need?  Or would I be telling the world, I will not let you in.  I will not allow you to diminish my hope, my faith in humanities future.

I regret.  Why?  Because there is so much I should have done early on, so much wasted time, so many lazy days.  I regret because I buried my head in the sand and did not act as I should have.  I did not stand up and join the chorus of other voice seeking to end the insanity they are presented with every day.  If a person ignores the truth of the world then they are smart enough to see and understand that truth, if they do nothing, they have squandered their gift.  If you see the world as it truly is, it is then your responsibility to try and add some sanity to the world you see.  Every day we all have a choice, whether to go left or right, whether to do good or evil.  Every day we are presented with choices and each choice we make affect the world we live in.  We have to decide whether or not we want to make a positive choice or a negative one.

I often wonder about the effects a single individual can have on the world as a whole, one individual person seems so small when compared to the vast ocean of humans that are out there.  But then I think of people like Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr. And yes even Hitler, I think how these individual people influenced the masses in such a way as to spark a flurry of change in the world.  Then I think of the more ethereal men and women such as Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Satan, Athena, and Venus.  These are figures that have been cast into a supernatural and deity spectrum, but I think they must have been based on something more worldly.  The true stories must have had such an impact as to thrust these people into a more elevated mythos.  These beings influenced millions of individual minds over the millennia.  I wonder what these people would think of how their words have been twisted and diluted to serve the interests of a few.  There are good and evil people in history but they all have left a profound mark o the development and evolution of our species.  It is our responsibility as each successive generation to remember these words and not distort them for our own personal gain, it is the responsibility of the people who comprehend these words to bring about a positive change for future generations.

Each of us has a choice and a responsibility, we have a choice to do right or wrong, we have a responsibility to do right.  For only through our deeds and our thoughts can we affect real change throughout the world.  Let us begin anew, let us strive for more, let us love, let us live, let us hold those responsible who seek to undermine the progress and truth of humanity.  Feed the poor, love the rich, they are people too.  We each have a choice to escape the role that has been set for us and acknowledge there is another path we each can take.  Let us take the more difficult path, let us become better human, let us progress our species.

No comments:

Post a Comment