Monday, December 8, 2014

Sleep My Child



Sleep my child, dream of a world refined by wisdom.  Sleep and dream, dream.

I wish you all the love and joy that can be wished upon one whom you love.  I love you.  You are the fruit of my loins, the miracle of your mother’s womb.  I am forever indebted to you for the happiness that you have brought.  I have been disarmed by your beauty.  My masculinity decimated by your smile, I replicate your happy sounds and I am a babe again.

I am your father, I am your protector, your teacher, your friend.  I have dedicated my life to your development, your happiness.  I am there when you cry, I hug you.  I tell you are safe.  I tell you this sadness is but a momentary thing, a passing emotion before joy returns.

What you become depends on the example your mother and I set, if you know only wisdom, joy and thoughtfulness, it is our hope you will follow these things and become the examples we have set.  We will be there for you always, your ups and downs, trials and tribulations, joys and sadness, anger and misery are ours to share with you.  You will never be alone.

As you dream, dream of happiness.  Dream of the world you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment