Saturday, October 10, 2015

I Never Knew Raine Fell part 7



I was now a mother with the arms of a child of darkness wrapped around my waist, I could feel the tears coming from her eyes dampening my belly reminding me of the months I had carried her in my womb.  Was this a ploy of the demon?  The police at the door to kill her or take her away. Was the demon hoping the love of a mother for her child would induce protection from me?  Were the tears genuine a child crying out for release from the demon that had imprisoned her soul?

I slowly began to walk with her toward the other side of the living room clearing the door for the police to enter and capture her.  I felt the need to console the child even though she had ripped away everything I held dear I still felt I had to protect her from the world.  A mother’s love for her child was absolute.  Nothing convinced me of this more than the need to console her even in the darkest of moments.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion, the banging on the door and yelling from the police sounded faint and distant as if be called from across a river, the flowing and churning of the water drowning out the noise.  When the door gave way I held the child closer pressing my hands tight against her back.  This seemed to relax her a bit.

BANG!!!

I didn’t feel it at first.  There was no pain no sensation of penetration.  But soon a warm feeling spread across my chest and I could feel it spreading.  I looked down to see the blood begin soaking through my shirt.  Raine looked up into my eyes and a noticeable look of shock flashed through her eyes. I could no longer retain my balance and I began to slump falling to the floor on my side pulling my daughter down next to me. The police in their haste had not alerted the officer to the situation and upon entering they saw the knife on the floor and the child in my arms, they jumped to the conclusion the child was a hostage and shot me.  Typical police to shoot first and ask questions later.

I could not get back up, I felt sluggish and unusually cold, my daughter sat next to me and began to stoke my hair while I looked into those eyes. Eyes that were usually so empty looked almost human, the tears were still visible on her rosy cheeks. A child.  She was a child, yet she was something else.  Things were beginning to dim at this point and the lack of blood to my brain could be the reason for the incoherence of what I am about to tell you but I think what I witnessed was something beyond the realm of supernatural.  As I looked into my child’s eyes and the world was beginning to darken so did her eyes, a shadow of black and a tinge of red rolled over the whites of her eyes and darkened the areas around them, black streaks began to spread themselves across her skin like the crack in the face of a porcelain doll.  A look of anger and rage washed over her features of the likes I and no other had ever seen.  She gently laid my head to the ground and began to rise as the officers began shouting commands at her guns now trained on her.

A terrible wind and chill filled the small family room.  The air began to whirl around her small frame and a maniacal grin stretched from ear to ear in an unholy way.  Her hands raised in the air, the officers stopped, guns dropped to the ground.  It began with a black smoke that rose from the floor.  It had substance to it though.  Form.  The smoke began to claw its way up the legs of the officer who in unison let out a scream so terrifying none present that night would ever forget it.  When the smoke reached their necks hands seemed to form out of it and penetrate their being, in a moment it was apparent what was happening, the smoke began to withdraw from them pulling a long spindly glowing form with it.  The form was human, it let out an inaudible scream as the smoke began to sink again into the floor pulling the glowing forms with it. The last thing I witnessed before the darkness overtook me was the souls of these officers being dragged to hell clawing at the smoke and the floor desperately trying to free themselves their screams unheard by the mortal realm.  My daughter the demon child.  A terror was about to be visited upon this world.  The darkness overtook me.  “It is over”

End part 7

No comments:

Post a Comment