Friday, October 30, 2015

Man In The Wood part 4

Familiarity, it is a word you associate with that you know.  This person that was now walking the steps to the cliff where I was standing overlooking the city of gold was unfamiliar yet I knew him. This is a logical absurdity I know, but it was the truth.  I would soon come to understand that here there was no logic to be found, the laws of science and physics were about to be tossed out the window here.

The man reached the landing and began walking toward me.  He had on a long robe, silken and dyed black fastened by a golden cord interwoven with strands of silver with an emerald pin of a beetle in the front.  His face was covered by a very plain sack that severely clashed with the elegance of the rest of his attire.  There were no eye holes or mouth opening yet he seemed to be able to see and speak without hindrance.  How did I know him if I could not see him?  This question seemed to be answered with a voice in my mind that was not my own.  "You know him because he knows you."

"What?" I said aloud astonished.  What was that, the words still pinged my brain like the evaporating vibration of a plucked piano string.  It was there like a ghostly after effect that could never be forgotten.  It was such a pleasant feeling like being cradled by your mother.  Words have never invoked this feeling in me.  It had to be this place.

The man reached me and made a deep bow.  The beige sack seemed to be fastened to his head by a simple white cord.  It was a part of him.  Such a clash of elegance and homeliness.  

"I am so happy to meet you finally Brain, I am so sorry that your transition here was one of fear.  It should have been one of wonderment to better acclimate you to this new world."

"The Spider woman."  Was all I could manage to get out.

"Yes, I suppose she may appear horrifying to one such as yourself.  I assure you she is a gentle beauty who would never pose harm to a person.  She told us she tried to calm you but you fled, so I made sure to come to you straight away."

"What is this? Where am I?  I must have sounded quite the babbling child but I could not tell, there was no expression to be shown on this man with a sack for a head.  It was well fitted and I could just make out the hint of a face but what could be read upon it was an enigma to me.

There was a small but polite laugh from this stranger whom I knew. "You are in Bimini Brain.  The true world, the world hidden from the human race.  The world humans cannot comprehend due to their manufactured reality of violence and greed.  Here is the purity of the universe that has been locked away from the corruption of your world.  Here is that which exists in the quantum world."

"Why? Why am I here?"

"Ahh, well that is a matter of some debate my friend.  We do not know.  You arrived here quite unexpectedly.  Can you tell me.  What is the last thing you remember?"

I was instantly overwhelmed and had to sit.  The rock on the cliff looked so solid but I seemed to sink into it like a comforting pillow like the very earth itself was responding to the needs of my psyche.  The stranger I knew stood before me patient with my inaction.  The breeze picked up cooling my brow where a sweat had formed, there was a strange comfort in the air.  The sun had set behind the city and the flicker of torches being lit began to move across the expanse of the place.  All I could manage to stammer out. "The man in the wood."

Surprise, that is the impression I got with the stranger I knew.  A surprise he was not accustomed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment