Friday, October 2, 2015

On The Subject of Death

My biological father died today. I don't know how I should feel.  I barely knew him yet he was the man who gave me life.  He made my life possible. Whether by accident or on purpose because of his love for my mother my life was made possible.  

I was adopted at the age of three by people who took good care of me.  Should I feel guilty because I also have an attachment to my biological family?  This is a dilemma only an adopted child could know.  I spend my time writing stories and posting opinions on this blog but today I want to take a moment to have us all understand how precious life is and how fast it can be extinguished.  I hope everyone who reads this will take the time to tell their family they love them. I may not know my biological family to well but that doesn't mean I cant love them.

I only hope that I can be there to help with their suffering.  I may be a stranger to them but I know they will welcome me with open arms.

I have meant to contact so many beloved family members but have always been on the receiving end of bad news.  In my procrastination in contacting them my time has run out and they have left this world before i could tell them all I wanted to.  I hope in the future this trend doesn't continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment