Thursday, October 22, 2015

I Never Knew Raine Fell part 8

I awoke to the sound of heavy breathing close to my left ear,  I could feel Raine's breath on me, slow deep breaths hotter than you would think the breath of a child should be.  I cautiously opened my eyes.  My first impression was of an old rotted ceiling where the wood was slowly collapsing under the weight of the roof.  The smell of mildew and straw immediately overpowered my senses and I turned to the side and rose up on my elbow and came face to face with the demon that was my daughter.  I was startled for a moment, she was crouched down with her hands and feet firmly planted on the floor, her eyes had lost their blackness and had returned to the normal hazel I was used to.  But in one glance you could tell the demon was still there.  Her manner of sitting was more akin to a dog on her haunches than a child on a floor.  The look on her face was one of curiosity.  She looked almost excited to see me arise but said nothing, just sat there. Staring.

I wasn't sure what I should do we both kind of just stayed still staring at one another waiting for the other to make the first move unsure what to expect.  It was the history channel predator prey size up, I fear if I made the wrong move I could end up like the rest of my family.  It was a sinking feeling being so powerless, I knew there was no way out I was completely at her mercy.  I tried to move myself into a more comfortable position but the pain from my gunshot wound overwhelmed me and I fell onto my back. The pain was intense I felt as though I could barely hold onto consciousness. Raine immediately could see my distress and moved closer running her hands over the wound and my blood soaked shirt sending pains and shivers of fear through my body. The blood had become cold and with a light chill in the air of the barn I began to grow ever colder.

Raine moved her hand from my wind and began to stroke my hair as she did in our living room, an almost loving look was in her eyes which we starring ever deeper penetrating my soul. Just then she produced a knife from her pocket. It was the same one that had now become synonymous with her crimes. Fear overcame me and I closed my eyes. The inevitable had come. But nothing happened. I opened my eyes. The knife was not hovering over me. My daughter had exposed her right forearm and looking me straight in the eye she glided the blade over the skin slicing of a piece of it. Blood began to pour from the wound but she seemed not to notice.  She took the piece of skin in her hand and looked at it for a moment before ripping my shirt away from the wound.  She then took the piece of flesh she had cut from her own body and applied it over the wound like a bandaid.

Theneefect was instantaneous. The pain began to subside.  The blood and flesh began to melt into my own suturing the wound and healing me.  As fast as the pain subsided a new pain began to grow.  A stinging sensation that became burning as her blood began to course through my veins bonding the new flesh with my own and contaminating my blood with hers.  I screamed out, the burning encompassing my entire being. That was the first time I felt the true fires of Hell. It is a deep burn that sets the soul ablaze, there are no mortal words to describe such pain.  The misery and hopelessness hit next, so deep and penetrating Raine had to stop me from grabbing her knife and slitting my own throat.  

It felt like hour passed before the horrible sensations finally began to ebb.  I looked down and could see that the wound had healed and in its place was nothing but a scar.  I looked at my daughter and a look of morbid joy was awash on her face. She knew my experience and my pain seemed to bring her pleasure.  Then the visions began. Flashes of an eternal Pitt of fire, flames licking around rotted stumbling corpes.  Screams permanently frozen on their decrepid faces.  The Hellfire was hotter than any furnace or volcano, I could feel the heat blasting my skin even though it was only a vision and even this to began to subside in time.  I was forever changed, forever traumatized. No mortal should see these things or feel this misery and although it had subsided the ghost effects would stick with me even to this day. A never ending torment inflicted on a mortal.

And then she began to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment