Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Styx part 6


Today I choose to drift lazily along the Styx.  I have chosen not to move any souls to the opposite bank today.  They are all gathered on the shores waiting and moaning.  This is not the first day I have taken a vacation from my obligations.  Often throughout the millennia have I taken some time for myself to reflect on the eccentricities of the worlds which we as living and dead things find ourselves.  Yes there is a God and he/she has always been, God created man but God did not create the universe.  God was created by the universe, by what or who, none, not even God can say.

All the souls and matter that inhabit this reality are stuck in an endless cycle of death and rebirth, heaven and hell, yet we do not know why.  Why do we exist? The supernatural and the natural.  What created this existence?  Who is the game master?  I think about these things often, but on my vacations I can really allow my mind to ponder the meaning of it all.  Something had to start this.  Something had to bring this whole reality into being.  If there is anything I have learned over the millennia is that everything has a beginning and an end but I find it impossible to peer long enough into the past to see the beginning, before the beginning.  This is something that is hidden from all things that inhabit this universe living or dead, powerful or weak.  We are all in this together, and together this will all end as it began. 


“From one into many, from many back to one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment